Followers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Quick! Let's get caught up on this blog while I still have internet connection!
Yes. I know. I am in fact the lame kid on the block without internet.
There are more important things in life.
I think.

Ok and I have to tell you up front that this was supposed to have pictures but I am using the internet at work and it's moving slower than...well, it's just slow. There we some cute pictures too!! Oh well, maybe I'll get them on here someday. I'll let you know.

Anyway...
Remember way back in the day when I said in my blog that we were going to go see a Rockies game and that would be my next blog? Yeah. That didn't happen.
What did happen was a whole lot of miserable hot weather that landed us in the pool for the better part of the summer.
We did hop out of the pool long enough to visit Gavins grandma aka my mom in Wisconsin. We spent some time on the farm of course. You can;t really go to the mid west without making a pit stop at my grandpas farm in Minnesota. We hung out with my then very pregnant cousin, Nashia, along with my pregnant sister in law and her husband, my brother, Luke. Yeah. I know. A lot of hormones flying everywhere! Good thing I had my little man to keep me in check. He was sorta busy playing with the kittens though. Side by side with his cousin reminding those poor kittens it is better to hide from anyone under 3 feet...

We jumped across state line to hang out with mom for the week and unfortunately she had to work but don't worry, Gavin still got to see Hatfeild. I was on a mission to show Gavin everything his mommy enjoyed over every summer as a child. He seemed to enjoy himself as he stuffed a hand full of sand into his mouth.

We had such a great time over the week and got to just chill but then it was on a plane back to CO. Gavin was amazing, by the way, and slept the entire way home as I tried desperately to ignore the lady next to me talking about sending her mother to a nursing home because she couldn't stand her anymore...ummm okay lady.
The time spent in CO was short before we were headed out on the road towards Kansas City. It was with heavy hearts and a lot of packages of tissue we had to attend my nieces memorial service.
That evening was the first time I had sat down for a drink with all my brothers and sister. We had some good laughs and a few needed tears. The Lord blessed us with that moment.

October quickly rolled around and we dedicated our son to The Lord which was pretty amazing but also a little scary. I mean, I'm promising something to God!! Oh jeez! But I have every intention of raising my son to love and follow him so why not? 

Then we dressed him up as a monkey for Halloween and went to a couple of houses to gather candy that mommy would, 5 pounds later, regret.

Whew.
Okay. Now we are caught up and currently getting ready to celebrate Gavins 1st birthday...I know! Right?! 




No comments:

Post a Comment